Re: [atomic-devel] centos atomic roadmap and future plans

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016, at 07:42 AM, Farkas Levente wrote:

> the question here is "centos atomic" a rebuild of "redhat atomic" or
> it's not that simple?

The current one that's promoted is the Core SIG rebuild, yes.  I would
also like to put more effort behind the SIG work.

> the most important component would be the openshift router, since
> currently there is no such component in atomic setup and without it's no
> usable project can be deployed.

Confusingly (because it hasn't been talked about a lot here in a coherent way),
we do want to support that use case and some work
has gone into ensuring that the operationally-focused aspects of
OpenShift such as the registry and router are usable without the full PaaS.

You can see some of this resulting in
https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/blob/master/DEPLOYMENT_TYPES.md
https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/blob/master/README_AEP.md

We're still trying to work to share more with the great work happening in
upstream OpenShift Origin and the communities it builds on like Kubernetes.