Re: [atomic-devel] Running docker-storage-setup from a UI

Vivek Goyal <vgoyal redhat com> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 10:45:03AM +0300, Marius Vollmer wrote:
>>
>> In your opinion, is it a bug or a feature that pvcreate might prompt
>> like this?
>
> I think this is default behavior of pvcreate. By default it will not
> create lvm signature on disk if it finds other signatures on disk. This
> is not a bug and it is trying to be safe.

Sorry, I was talking about d-s-s.  Do you think it is a bug in d-s-s
that pvcreate might prompt during its run and make it fail in a
non-interactive use?

I now understand that the primary use of d-s-s is non-interactively, and
there probably shouldn't be any prompts, ever, right?

To fix this, d-s-s could pass --force to pvcreate, or it could
explicitly wipefs the newly created partition.  I vote for the latter:

    https://github.com/projectatomic/docker-storage-setup/pull/120