Re: [atomic-devel] Running docker-storage-setup from a UI

Vivek Goyal <vgoyal redhat com> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 10:45:03AM +0300, Marius Vollmer wrote:
>
> If you think this is important to add, open a PR and add an option say
> FORCE_WIPE_DISKS=false

Will do, thanks!

> dss is more of a service. So tyring to use it as command line with
> various options might not be best fit. But if you have concrete user
> stories, I am open to changes as long as it does not make the existing
> code messy.

The first user stories are here:

    https://github.com/cockpit-project/cockpit/wiki/Atomic:-Docker-Storage

Dan has sketched a couple more.

> Lot of people have complained about being able to reset the state of
> storage. So it is a good idea to provide something there. But I think
> we need something outside of docker-storage-setup, say atomic.

Yes, that makes a lot of sense to me.  I think everyone would be happy
if d-s-s would 'just' be a gear in the machine, but not part of the API
or user interface, right?  The interface is the "atomic" command, and
maybe the API, too.

> Lets implement "atomic reset-docker" and that in turn can call dss reset.

Yep.  I'll start a new thread about that.