Re: [atomic-devel] Fedora 26 change: using overlayfs as default

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 3:13 PM, Josh Berkus <jberkus redhat com> wrote:
> On 12/12/2016 02:12 PM, Dusty Mabe wrote:
>>
>> After I get a bug[1] fixed and out the door I'm going to publish
>> a blog post/docs on setting up Fedora 25 Atomic host and/or Cloud
>> base to use overlay2 as the storage driver for docker.
>>
>> I'd like for everyone that can to test this out and to start running
>> their container workloads with overlay2 with selinux enabled and let's
>> file bugs and get it cleaned up for Fedora 26 release.
>>
>> Should we file this as a "change" for Fedora 26?
>
> I'd say so, yes.

I suggest it be discussed by all the work groups, on devel   It might
turn out that Fedora Atomic Host goes first, and there may be some
variation (Atomic Host has no need for LVM although it doesn't hurt,
where Server would almost certainly want to keep it, and Workstation
could flip a coin).

> Also, someone needs to test the case of migrating an existing system and
> how that looks.

It'd need a test for enough free space on /var, which first needs an
estimate of every single container image in the thinly provisioned
storage; stop docker and change the configuration to use overlay
instead of device mapper driver; start docker, import all the tar'd
containers.

--
Chris Murphy