Re: [atomic-devel] Reducing the footprint of the Fedora docker base image

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016, at 02:25 PM, Daniel Riek wrote:

Can I build a higher layer on top of that?

that = "yum --installroot | docker load" ?  Or that = "rpm-ostree container"?
For both the answer is yes - we currently use Anaconda-in-ImageFactory to generate the official
base images which are ultimately just tarballs.  yum --installroot | docker load
is just simpler.  "rpm-ostree container" is a *lot* faster and has the advantage
of understanding when a container needs to be updated.