Re: [atomic-devel] F24 Change: Adding Ceph/Gluster clients

I'm not familiar with the patches coming with docker 1.10, so I'm not sure I'd be the best one to write that up.  It also brings up the question if we'd need a change to build a containerized-client solution for F24.

A containerized-client approach is nice, and I think the docs would be pretty much net new since we don't talk about persistent volumes anywhere currently that I can find.

- Matt M

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 4:10 PM, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh redhat com> wrote:

On 01/11/2016 03:42 PM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> On 01/11/2016 03:40 PM, Brad Childs wrote:
>> We added the packages to RHEL atomic as a stop gap while waiting for
>> client-in-container feature.  If I remember properly gluster was easy
>> and RBD required a new ghost package to satisfy an init script
>> dependency.  The CEPH team was working to remove the dependency so it
>> may no longer be an issue.
> If we can do this in containers, all the better - though I'd say we
> would need to scope documentation runbooks because we'd probably need to
> provide some guidance on doing that effectively.
>
> Best,
>
> jzb
With the latest patches going into docker we can run containers with the
mount clients inside of
the container.  I don't think we need to move these into the atomic
host.  Lets work to get
a cephs, gluster, nfs mount client that uses a container.  Then you
could execute

atomic run glustermount source /path/to/mount