Re: [atomic-devel] F24 Change: Adding Ceph/Gluster clients

On 01/11/2016 03:42 PM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> On 01/11/2016 03:40 PM, Brad Childs wrote:
>> We added the packages to RHEL atomic as a stop gap while waiting for
>> client-in-container feature.  If I remember properly gluster was easy
>> and RBD required a new ghost package to satisfy an init script
>> dependency.  The CEPH team was working to remove the dependency so it
>> may no longer be an issue.
> If we can do this in containers, all the better - though I'd say we
> would need to scope documentation runbooks because we'd probably need to
> provide some guidance on doing that effectively.
>
> Best,
>
> jzb
With the latest patches going into docker we can run containers with the
mount clients inside of
the container.  I don't think we need to move these into the atomic
host.  Lets work to get
a cephs, gluster, nfs mount client that uses a container.  Then you
could execute

atomic run glustermount source /path/to/mount