[atomic-devel] Proposal - Moving container development tools docs to the Asciidoc format

Hi All,

In line with our ongoing efforts at streamlining the docs process, and in order to ensure better upstream-downstream coordination, we are proposing to move to the Asciidoc format for docs related to container development tools in Project Atomic.

Adoption of Asciidoc would:
allow us to leverage existing code for publishing to docs.projecatomic.io.
allow for easier contribution by downstream communities that have standardized on Asciidoc.

AsciiDoc belongs to the family of lightweight markup languages, the most renowned of which is Markdown [1]. It is very similar to markdown in terms of formatting and is not that steep a curve in terms of learning [2].

Please let us know what you think about this so that the docs team can freeze on the process.

[1] [http://asciidoctor.org/docs/what-is-asciidoc/]
[2] [http://asciidoctor.org/docs/asciidoc-syntax-quick-reference/]

Thank you,
Regards,