Re: [atomic-devel] How to handle crashes

Derek,

see my answers inline:

On 10/24/2016 08:02 PM, Derek Carr wrote:
> Hi Jakub,
>
> I subscribed to your issue upstream, apologies for missing your earlier notes.
>
> Is there an exhaustive list of things that ABRT can detect that is documented?

We have this list:
http://abrt.readthedocs.io/en/latest/supported_langs.html

> The document shows Linux kernel items, but they do overlap with what
> NodeProblemDetector has at this point.

They do overlap, but ABRT's list of known problems is bigger.
https://github.com/abrt/abrt/blob/master/src/lib/kernel.c#L84

Hmm, maybe I should open a pull request in node-problem-detector with a
patches updating their problem patterns list:

https://github.com/kubernetes/node-problem-detector/blob/master/config/kernel-monitor.json

> I am not sure if I have a use case for the language specific add-ons as this
> would run on the actual node, and the language frameworks running end-user
> applications would be in the node, and problems with them don't reflect
> problems with the node per se.

Make sense. ABRT can be configured to detect problems on the node and in the
end-user containers and report only the problems on the node to
node-problem-detector.

Do uncaught Python exceptions or C/C++ core files appear on the node too?

> Is there any Go specific support?

Not yet, https://github.com/abrt/abrt/issues/1189

However, I'm not sure if it's even possible to detect go panics on OS level.
It wasn't possible in Ruby, but it is possible now ;)

Regards,
Jakub