Re: [atomic-devel] We have a bugzilla requesting that we change the default CMD to systemd for base images in RHEL

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 08:58:21AM -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> I think the systemd guys would argue that there is no processes running
> other then those that you need.   Removing
> some of these could cause other services to break.   If you enable a
> service that is only run as multi-user.target then
> it will not start if you remove a target.
>
> Update-done.service and dnf-makecache, probably should be removed.
>
> But I guess what is the cost of running versus removing them?

The cost is the wasted cycles upon each container start.

> How would they be maintained.

I'd suggest going with some special default target like container.target
instead of multi-user.target, and just putting things that are really
necessary for the typical systemd-based scenario like running

	httpd.service

in the container.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Senior Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat