Re: [atomic-devel] We have a bugzilla requesting that we change the default CMD to systemd for base images in RHEL

On 10/31/2016 09:05 AM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 08:58:21AM -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>> I think the systemd guys would argue that there is no processes running
>> other then those that you need.   Removing
>> some of these could cause other services to break.   If you enable a
>> service that is only run as multi-user.target then
>> it will not start if you remove a target.
>>
>> Update-done.service and dnf-makecache, probably should be removed.
>>
>> But I guess what is the cost of running versus removing them?
> The cost is the wasted cycles upon each container start.
>
>> How would they be maintained.
> I'd suggest going with some special default target like container.target
> instead of multi-user.target, and just putting things that are really
> necessary for the typical systemd-based scenario like running
>
> 	httpd.service
>
> in the container.

But services are hard coded to multi-user.target.  Changing to a
container-target would make every
one have to change their default unit files.  I think this is a bad
solution for a couple of
miliseconds on container startup.