Re: [atomic-devel] creating an ostree repo from a running atomic host?

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016, at 02:27 PM, Tom McKay wrote:
I'm trying to wrap my head around ostree/rpm-ostree/atomic to think about how Satellite-6 (and upstream katello) can contribute to the flow. A couple questions...
First, I see rpm-ostree-toolkit referenced in a lot of places but am struggling to find it as an rpm. Is it upstream somewhere?

Yes, it's in both Fedora http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/rpm-ostree-toolbox.git/
and CentOS: http://cbs.centos.org/repos/atomic7-testing/x86_64/os/Packages/

Next, is there a way to create an ostree repo from a running atomic host? I've seen the various articles and docs describing a compose server w/ modified json, etc. As a very new user, though, the simplest way to experiment with making new repos is directly on the host (ostree pkg-add, etc.). How can I take that host and provide it as a template to other hosts?

Basically, "where is the docker push equivalent"?  So...we don't really have that, and it's somewhat intentional, for the same reason the Docker documentation discourages `docker commit` - the philosophy here is you're generating something without recording *how* it was built and hence it's not reproducible.  (Well, at least not recording

As far as a "template" here though, it's basically just adding the package names to the "treefile" json and doing a full compose, then pointing those client systems at it via rebase.  (Or doing an initial kickstart install)