[atomic-devel] Container image's name inside scanner container

Hi!

I recently worked on developing a scanner [1] that reports pip, npm, gem
updates for a container. But, to me, it looks like I'm missing something
and doing it in an improper way from `atomic scan` side of things.

The command I execute to check, let's say, pip related updates is:

    `IMAGE_NAME=<image_name> atomic scan --scanner misc-package-updates --scan_type pip-updates <image_name>`

And the configuration file ensures that `IMAGE_NAME` variable I've set
in above command is passed on to the scanner container as an envrionment
variable [2]. It is then used to spin up a new container from the image
to check for pip updates.

It is my understanding, and I'd like to know if it's correct, that the
rootfs of image name specified with `atomic scan` command is mounted
onto the scanner container under `/scanin` directory and the scanner
output is expected under `/scanout` directory; but the image's name is
not passed to the scanner container.

Is there a way to access the image's name inside a container without
doing it the way I've done using a variable?

[1]
https://github.com/CentOS/container-pipeline-service/tree/master/atomic_scanners/misc-package-updates

[2]
https://github.com/CentOS/container-pipeline-service/blob/master/atomic_scanners/misc-package-updates/misc-package-updates#L5