Re: [atomic-devel] System container images in projectatomic docker hub

On 01/12/2017 09:37 AM, Jerry Zhang wrote:
There's 2 parts to the answer, the container *image* itself in the upstream
repo is built off fedora. But I believe there are rhel/centos based images
in the RH registry.

The containers are host-specific, but for etcd and flannel, I've tested
them to work on fedora/centos/rhel and atomic host variants. Docker
is split into fedora and centos host specific versions, but those are
not fully working/tested at this time.
Ack, just checking because, it is my strong preference that we have ALL RHEL system container images on RHCC...

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Jerry

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott McCarty" <smccarty redhat com>
To: atomic-devel projectatomic io
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:59:36 AM
Subject: Re: [atomic-devel] System container images in projectatomic docker hub

Dumb question. Are these CentOS/Fedora images? Not RHEL right?

On 01/12/2017 08:44 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 08:32:41PM -0800, Jason Brooks wrote:
I think it would be worth getting these  into fedora's layered build
system, too.
+1000!

Then, they'll end up at the registry Randy Barlow is working on, and
also pushed to Docker Hub as part of that process.

--

Scott McCarty, RHCA

Technical Product Marketing: Containers

Email: smccarty redhat com

Phone: 312-660-3535

Cell: 330-807-1043

Web: http://crunchtools.com

When should you split your application into multiple containers?
http://red.ht/22xKw9i