Re: [atomic-devel] Thinking about CRI-O and Docker on Atomic Host

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017, at 12:00 PM, Clayton Coleman wrote:
> oc cluster up will likely continue to use docker for the near future.

That makes sense to me - and for that matter from my perspective
AH is going to include docker for the near future.   But my original goal
was to talk about the not-near future =)

That said, I think it's clear the primary thing we need to support
is co-existence, even in the not-near future.  While I honestly haven't
actually even tried running a CRI-O-ized
Kube locally on AH, to repeat what I said before I suspect the biggest
pain point is going to be storage.  But if we go pure overlay2 for CRI-O,
and one is using overlay2 for Docker as well, things are a lot simpler since
one could shrink the Docker LV, or even delete it and just have one big /.

So given the switch to overlay2 for Docker in AH, perhaps we simply
don't need to do anything aside from writing some demo commands
to shrink the Docker LV and give more space to CRI-O.