Re: [atomic-devel] Has anyone considered packaging dumb-init or tini for use in Fedora/CentOS/RHEL?

Zero overhead, defunct process management, proper logging, simplicity, no moving parts, no additional unit file (I don't have unit files).

Turn it around - if I have the command line "ansible-playbook ...", what does systemd get me?

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 9:35 PM, Eric Paris <eparis redhat com> wrote:
On Mon, 2017-03-06 at 21:22 -0500, Clayton Coleman wrote:
> They'd be really helpful for cases where you don't want full blown
> systemd, but want a long running container that needs to reap
> processes.  I don't know that one or the other matters, I have a
> slight bias for dumb-init in terms of signal rewriting (a few cases
> might need that).
>
> Anyone using these today?

What does dumb-init or tini get me that systemd doesn't?