Re: [atomic-devel] Has anyone considered packaging dumb-init or tini for use in Fedora/CentOS/RHEL?

I am skeptical of any "resource" argument against systemd. Are you seeing some actually impact to performance that is causing problems? As for unit files, they are rediculously easy. Much easier than figuring out how to start a daemon properly by reading documentation.

I don't have a strong opinion for CentOS/Fedora. But for RHEL, I think multiple init systems will just generate more technical questions from customers and eat up more sales resources explaining when people should use what. Options are great, but confusing, that's why Apple got rid of a lot of them...