Re: [atomic-devel] a better place for system container images?

On 11/06/2017 08:29 AM, Giuseppe Scrivano wrote:

>>> would a tag be enough?
>> My personal opinion is no. Not many people inspect tags when using images.
> they will still need to specify the tag when pulling or installing the
> image.  It is something like:
>
> atomic pull --storage ostree docker.io/projectatomic/etcd:devel
>
> instead of:
>
> atomic pull --storage ostree docker.io/projectatomic/etcd-devel

The problem with this is that there's no update to the tag when a new
devel build is pushed.  This will make it hard to make sure you're
pulling the most recent image for testing.  Maybe tag with ##devel?  e.g.

docker.io/projectatomic/etcd:0.3devel

Josh Berkus
Project Atomic
Red Hat OSAS