Re: [atomic-devel] Discussion: How to keep image files in sync across repos

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Stephen Milner <smilner redhat com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 9:46 AM, Eliska Slobodova <eliska redhat com> wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> We have been trying to solve a similar problem recently for our images [1].
>> Slavek (CCd) came up with distgen [2] as a result. The tool generates
>> sources for images based on different operating systems from templates and
>> maybe could help you with your use case as well. Or you could help us extend
>> it.
>> Getting stuff synced across repos was on our TODO list, but we haven't got
>> there yet, so we'd definitely be interested in collaboration.
>>
>> -- Eliska
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/container-images
>> [2] https://github.com/devexp-db/distgen/
>

> Fantastic! I'll take a look this afternoon.

I took a quick look at the docs. distgen works in the same way I
originally was thinking of in terms of generating downstream files
from upstream. I'll spend some time this afternoon trying it out.
Thanks again!

<snip/>
--
Thanks,