Re: [atomic-devel] Discussion: How to keep image files in sync across repos

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 4:28 PM, Stephen Milner <smilner redhat com> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Stephen Milner <smilner redhat com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 9:46 AM, Eliska Slobodova <eliska redhat com> wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> We have been trying to solve a similar problem recently for our images [1].
>> Slavek (CCd) came up with distgen [2] as a result. The tool generates
>> sources for images based on different operating systems from templates and
>> maybe could help you with your use case as well. Or you could help us extend
>> it.
>> Getting stuff synced across repos was on our TODO list, but we haven't got
>> there yet, so we'd definitely be interested in collaboration.
>>
>> -- Eliska
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/container-images
>> [2] https://github.com/devexp-db/distgen/
>

> Fantastic! I'll take a look this afternoon.

I took a quick look at the docs. distgen works in the same way I
originally was thinking of in terms of generating downstream files
from upstream. I'll spend some time this afternoon trying it out.
Thanks again!

<snip/>

That's great to hear. If you need some help, require additional functionality or you run into any issues, feel free to either report them on Github or reach out to me directly. I'd be happy to help!

--
Thanks,
Steve Milner

Atomic | Red Hat | http://projectatomic.io/