Re: [atomic-devel] 2wk atomic release candidate: 20171003

On 10/05/2017 05:14 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Dusty, all:
>
> So I did an upgrade-and-rollback test today, and the results are kind of
> alarming: I can't rollback.
>
> Basically, on a minnowboard, with the current release, if you upgrade,
> you are forced to pave and re-install the system to restore it to operation.

OK, less alarming now.

A cold reboot (power off) allows you to roll back to the prior release
and log into the system.  For some reason, a hot restart does not.

Somehow, changes are being cached for the boot sector or grub?  Or
something?

Josh Berkus
Project Atomic
Red Hat OSAS