Re: [atomic-devel] Info regarding process for generating [custom] ISO

sending again with correct email, my previous message didn't go through

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 9:21 AM Ananthu R V <ananthur thoughtworks com> wrote:

> Hi Dusty,
>
> Would be great if we can find the current build scripts for silverblue. I found the one related atomic host and trying to work my way around it. And if we can help in anyway to help improve silverblue more than happy to.

I agree with what Dusty recommended, it would be easier to use Silverblue ISO and using a custom kickstart that point the install at your custom OSTree repo/ref

If you still want to create your own ISO, few pointers which may help you to understand how we build  Fedora Silverblue ISO today:
- We use lorax command to build ISO
- Command which was used to build F31 Silverblue ISO is in log https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/compose/31/Fedora-31-20191023.0/logs/x86_64/Silverblue/ostree_installer-3/runroot.log . On the top of the log you will see a big lorax command passing various options. Lot of them are repos link which points to packages source location. Interesting line to pick from the log is the one which starts from " + lorax --product=Fedora --version=31 --release=1.9 "
- Various configs options which was used is available at
https://pagure.io/pungi-fedora/blob/f31/f/fedora-final.conf#_747 . It contains links to different repos used as well

Hope this helps.