Re: [atomic] Installer

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014, at 01:14 PM, smajor gmail com wrote:
rolling out to cloud providers like Digital Ocean will take a lot of time because images need to be built that support the cloud providers in question and then the cloud provider needs to make the image available to their customers.

Depends; if the cloud host works with cloud-init, then a prebuilt image can just work out of the box.

Is it possible to model the image creation after the cloudlinux installer? With cloudlinux it doesn't matter which cloudprovider a person uses as long as the cloud provider has CentOS images.

Seems like that would be solved for you with the CentOS Project Atomic builds then?  Would require the host to provide it, if they only run pre-built operating systems.

Would it be possible to have an installer that could convert running Fedora and Cantos 7 VM's to Atomic Hosts?

Yes...but it's far from ideal for many reasons.

I only scanned Digital Ocean's site, it wasn't obvious to me why they don't allow uploading custom operating systems, similar to EC2 and GCE.   No answers obvious from this thread:
https://digitalocean.uservoice.com/forums/136585-digitalocean/suggestions/3276477-allow-custom-images