Re: [atomic] CentOS Atomic Host Alpha 2016.0.175

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016, at 04:41 PM, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:

Can you provide some info about workflow with development and production branches?
For example Im build new image and want to test it,if it works fine I merge it into current production branche and update my servers.
Sometimes ago I found something like this,but lost the link.

There are multiple ways to do that - server side or client side.

The "server side" way is to do what we're doing in CentOS CI -
have multiple branches that one does promotion across.  See
also https://ostree.readthedocs.io/en/latest/manual/repository-management/
In this model, clients would likely be configured to auto-update,
or you could do blue/green upgrades, etc.

The "client side" way is to use `rpm-ostree deploy` which targets
a specific exact version.  One can script this using Ansible or
other automation frameworks:
https://blog.verbum.org/2015/12/15/new-atomic-host-verb-rpm-ostree-deploy/