Re: [atomic] Using Atomic Scan on CAH

On 02/02/2017 06:57 PM, Steve Poe wrote:
Micah,

Thanks again for the info. I guess I am mistaken, I thought CentOS is
RHEL-based, so it should have been able to scan the container image.

Yes, CentOS is built using the source code provided by Red Hat, but it is technically not a Red Hat product. I believe there are a few modifications made to differentiate the two, which is why you have the suggested workarounds below. :)

Then I read on https://gist.github.com/gregelin/f94ba31f004ca4acea87
"

So why does OpenSCAP run SCAP-Security-Guide on CentOS, but the results
come back "not applicable?" Two reasons:

 1. Because the XCCDF in RHEL refers to CPE XML file that specifies RHEL
    and not CentOS.
 2. Because CPE platform string is verified with an OVAL test that
    checks the RPMs for platform identification.

"

I also found https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50462 which
mentions:

To fix this you need to add centos to the profile section.

Open /usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/rhel6/ssg-rhel6-ds.xml in a text editor and
search for
|  <platform idref="cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:6"/>

and add a line just after that with
|  <platform idref="cpe:/o:centos:centos:6"/>

I'll take a look at BlackDuck, but I hope the OpenSCAP container will be
updated to better recognize CentOS.

It probably wouldn't hurt to open an issue upstream with the OpenSCAP project:

https://github.com/OpenSCAP/openscap-daemon

They should know the best way to enable CentOS container scanning.

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Micah Abbott <miabbott redhat com