[atomic-devel] Are we slim yet?

So I was looking at the current content set (just "rpm -qa --queryformat "%{SIZE} %{NAME\n") | sort -r).  Here's my initial annotation of the result:

https://gist.github.com/cgwalters/69e84cc5c2967c93bd8e

I think we need to do two things:

1) Invest in shrinking down the core depchains (mainly, get Perl and Ruby out immediately)
2) Start performing some content postprocessing, like lorax does for Anaconda.  I'd been resisting this for a while because:
  * It means we constantly have to maintain the postprocess scripts across releases; look at the churn in lorax templates
  * It potentially introduces new bugs
  * It doesn't help the mainline product (unlike #1)
  * It breaks rpm -V even more than it is now

That said, I may look at using the lorax template tooling for 2).