Re: [atomic-devel] Process for requesting enhancement?

On Wed, 2015-01-07 at 15:24 -0800, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> What's the process for requesting an enhancement to Project Atomic?
> What I'm specifically looking for is "support" for running a Project

Hi Ed,

I just got the function to create hyperv images into rpm-ostree-toolbox.
With the latest master, you can create your own hyperv Gen1 images. What
can be output from that tooling now is a Gen1 disk image.  Then just
create a gen1 VM and import the disk.  Unfortunately the metatagging
that hyperV uses deviates from our current standards so we aren't able
to create a ready-to-VM quite yet.  But the import works great and is
very little extra work.

You can run atomic in a Gen2 VM by performing an install with the ISO.
We do not have anything you can directly import into Gen2 yet.

As of now, nobody (like Cent or Fedora) has picked this code up yet so
if you want a pre-canned image you can either make one yourself or
perform the reasonably trivial qemu-img convert command on an existing
image. Something like this should suffice:

qemu-img convert -f qcow2 -O vpc <input_file>.qcow2 <output_file>.vhd

That said, your initial email also refers to requesting "support."
That's one of those funny words that mean different things to different
folks.  Hopefully you fine the information I provided to be helpful.

Also, if you pursue making your own images, you might find the following
helpful:

Brent