Re: [atomic-devel] Switching the default log driver to journald?

On 10/08/2015 02:30 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was chatting with someone running Atomic Host whose / partition had filled up due to a container logging going out of control.
>
> Since 1.7 docker has supported:
>
> https://docs.docker.com/reference/logging/journald/
>
> And journald supports log file rotation based on disk space.  Any objections to just doing this by default?
>
> The main downside I can see is that your logs won't be automatically migrated, so it could be surprising to people in a release stream.

No objection to doing this, but we should make some noise before
switching over and have some kind of warning period before it happens.

(An accompanying "here's how you use this feature" post / documentation
would also be spiffy.)

Best,

jzb
--