Re: [atomic-devel] Running docker-storage-setup from a UI

Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh redhat com> writes:

> Eventually adding a feature to do an `atomic migrate` to move from
> back end to another would be nice
>
> With docker-1.10 you can do an
>
> atomic migrate export
>
> Change the back end
>
> atomic migrate import
>
> And switch from loopback devices to devmapper on physical storage or
> even switch the backends altogether.
>
> From devmapper to overlayfs to btrfs and back again.

Interesting.  How much space does "atomic migrate export" take?  What
happens when "atomic migrate import" runs out of space?

I am thinking of the case where the user wants to shrink the storage
pool.  Right now our idea is that we throw images and containers away
and start over with a smaller, empty pool.