Re: [atomic-devel] Running docker-storage-setup from a UI

On 04/13/2016 03:40 AM, Marius Vollmer wrote:
Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh redhat com> writes:

Eventually adding a feature to do an `atomic migrate` to move from
back end to another would be nice

With docker-1.10 you can do an

atomic migrate export

Change the back end

atomic migrate import

And switch from loopback devices to devmapper on physical storage or
even switch the backends altogether.

 From devmapper to overlayfs to btrfs and back again.
Interesting.  How much space does "atomic migrate export" take?  What
happens when "atomic migrate import" runs out of space?

I am thinking of the case where the user wants to shrink the storage
pool.  Right now our idea is that we throw images and containers away
and start over with a smaller, empty pool.
Well one case you can do right now is `atomic images --prune`,
which is basically getting rid of images that you are not using. These tend
to build up over time. The other place to save space is elimination of containers.