Re: [atomic-devel] Structure of Atomic Host docs for Fedora and CentOS

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 8:49 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm fedoraproject org> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 05:22:26PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Given all of the changes in the platform, it's time to rewrite and
>> re-organize the Atomic Host documentation.  Here's what I'm thinking for
>> structure:
>>

>> * Introduction
>> * Installation
>>       * Vagrant
>>       * Public Cloud
>>       * ISO
>>       * Others
>
> "ISO" is kind of an odd one out, since it's install media rather than
> an environment. Maybe "On Hardware or Virtual Machines" or something
> like that?
>

>> 1) Should these be combined Fedora/CentOS docs, or should we make a
>> "build" for each OS?
>
> I think maybe separate with clear interlinking....

+1

>> 2) Where should these live?  projectatomic.io or RTD?
>
> ... oh, except in either of those cases, combined, not separate. :)

+1 as well.

I am a fan of RTD. I think it would make sense to have
projectatomic.io as the main entry site,
marketing, and blog location while the general docs would be linked off to RTD.

>> 3) Is Vagrant really where we want to direct people as a quickstart
>> option?  I'm asking because I'm not that clear on what users can *do*
>> with an single atomic node on vagrant.
>
> Maybe a vagrant multi-machine setup?
> https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/multi-machine/

+1. We are using multi-machine in Commissaire and it works well.

--
Thanks,
Steve Milner

Atomic | Red Hat | http://projectatomic.io/