Re: [atomic-devel] F24 Change: Adding Ceph/Gluster clients

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016, at 04:10 PM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> With the latest patches going into docker we can run containers with the
> mount clients inside of
> the container.  I don't think we need to move these into the atomic
> host.  Lets work to get
> a cephs, gluster, nfs mount client that uses a container.

One reason to include Ceph on the host directly is that eventually I think
it would make sense to use Ceph for Docker images - unpack them
on a central storage server, then `docker pull` is basically
`mount storagehost:/path/to/containerid`.

I think I saw a prototype patch for this in the past.

One downside is that any host with access to the cluster could read
all images, but I think for most organizations that'd be fine.