Re: [atomic-devel] F24 Change: Adding Ceph/Gluster clients

On 01/12/2016 01:10 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2016, at 04:10 PM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>
>> With the latest patches going into docker we can run containers with the
>> mount clients inside of
>> the container.  I don't think we need to move these into the atomic
>> host.  Lets work to get
>> a cephs, gluster, nfs mount client that uses a container.
> One reason to include Ceph on the host directly is that eventually I think
> it would make sense to use Ceph for Docker images - unpack them
> on a central storage server, then `docker pull` is basically
> `mount storagehost:/path/to/containerid`.
>
> I think I saw a prototype patch for this in the past.
>
> One downside is that any host with access to the cluster could read
> all images, but I think for most organizations that'd be fine.

This would be great but would probably break COW file systems, unless
CEPHS has
some kind of support for this.  It would be nice to be able to state in
the image format
whether or not it supported COW, and allow read/only images to be stored
on shared storage.