Re: [atomic-devel] Replacing registry, atomic app on the home page

On 07/13/2016 10:24 AM, Aaron Weitekamp wrote:
> On Jul 13, 2016 11:53 AM, "Josh Berkus" <jberkus redhat com
> <mailto:jberkus redhat com>> wrote:
>>
>> I'd like to replace Registry on the home page, because (a) it's not new
>> anymore and (b) it's not really ready to install if you're not using the
>> rest of openshift.
>
> What do you mean? This is by far the newest tech on the site. The
> current installation is very lean: 3 container services running under
> docker.

Authentication doesn't work without OpenShift OAuth.  I was under the
impression that this was a known issue?  If it's not, then we need to
debug it.

> Because of the split repo origin+cockpit nature of this project we rely
> heavily on this web property as a landing page for the registry.
>
> Clearly we have some larger content issues that need to be addressed. I
> just don't think replacing the registry with ??? helps.

There's also the issue of "if we're going to have three top-level
options for the time being, does Registry make sense as co-equal with
Atomic Host and ADB".  And I don't think it does.

Possibly what we should have is:

Atomic Host    ADB     Projects

... where the last goes to a page which lists everything.  This is the
eventual direction we're going in with a total redesign anyway.

Josh Berkus
Project Atomic
Red Hat OSAS