Re: [atomic-devel] Python-pyudev instead of storaged

Stef Walter <stefw redhat com> writes:

> About pyudev ... I would suggest that functionality we're starting to
> use it for (such as monitoring for storage devices, and listing their
> properties) should go into the 'atomic storage' subcommand. If it needs
> python-pyudev to make that work, then it makes sense to include it.
> Perhaps even prematurely before this functionality is merged into
> 'atomic storage'.

Cockpit currently uses python-pyudev to reimplement a tiny bit of
storaged: listing block devices, identifying which of them are "drives",
classifying them into HDD and SSD, figuring out their
Model/Vendor/WWN/Serial for display, and getting change notifications.

I don't think this fits into "atomic storage", which should probably
just operate with block devices.