Re: [atomic-devel] docker and docker-latest packages on CentOS Virt SIG

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 7:54 AM, Lokesh Mandvekar <lsm5 fedoraproject org> wrote:
> **CentOS Virt SIG**
>
> What:
> - 'docker' (v1.9) http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=10878
> - 'docker-latest' (v1.10) http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=10881
> - both can be installed simultaneously and don't step on each other's toes,
>   but only one can run at a time.
> - /usr/bin/docker is a script which execs /usr/bin/docker-current (v1.9) or
>   /usr/bin/docker-latest (v1.10) based on what $DOCKERBINARY is set to.
>
> Why:
> - some people want v1.9 (that includes kube and openshift iiuc)
> - others want later versions
> - people also want to switch between versions without having to
>   install/uninstall/reinstall

I built an atomic image with docker and docker-latest, uncommented the
line `DOCKERBINARY=/usr/bin/docker-latest` in `/etc/sysconfig/docker`,
and restarted the docker service, and then `sudo docker info`
returned:

Error response from daemon: client is newer than server (client API
version: 1.22, server API version: 1.21)

Then it occurred to me to stop the docker service and start the
docker-latest service, and that seemed to work fine. We definitely
need docs around this.

One thing that occurs to me is that 1.10 isn't the latest docker...

Jason