Re: [atomic-devel] docker-latest in Fedora

On 01/15/2017 04:47 PM, Antonio Murdaca wrote:

> On Jan 15, 2017 10:07 PM, "Dusty Mabe" <dusty dustymabe com <mailto:dusty dustymabe com>> wrote:
>

>     On 01/13/2017 11:18 AM, Antonio Murdaca wrote:
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > That sounds good. However, I didn't fully understand how to achieve that. Do you mean that docker-latest shouldn't build docker-latest anymore but just require "docker" and make a symlink out of it?
>
>     Exactly. in other words, it's just a placeholder for now.
>     With the power of git it won't be too hard to revive the
>     spec file to start building it again if we decide we need to.
>

> Not sure that's gonna work well. The thing that's not really the point maybe. The issue is there's really a lack of users for docker-latest and I'm questioning its existence :).
> Take F24 for instance, docker is at 1.10.3 while docker-latest is at 1.12.6. However, nobody really test/use it resulting in me spending time updating it where it sounds like nobody cares about it.
> Your approach works for F25, both docker and docker-latest are at 1.12.x.
> Maybe we should just wait for system containers and keep building it (on me).

I think the proposed strategy would work just fine, but, like you
said, the bigger question is "do we have any users for docker-latest
in Fedora"?

If we don't think so then scrapping docker-latest until demand rises
is ok with me. In the end you are the one doing the work so you have
the most say in what happens.

Dusty