Re: [atomic-devel] Shutting down ask.projectatomic.io, moving to StackExchange, needs your help

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 02:37:03PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Do we want to push ServerFault, though?  I ask because of the three,
> ServerFault seems to have comparatively poor googleability.

I think it's pretty important for the sysadmin audience.

> I'm asking because I want to have *one* site that we recommend to users.
>  We'll troll for questions on all three sites, of course.

I think *probably* unix-SE is going to be the most friendly for this.
Server Fault is going to occasionally be strict about questions that
seem too much like home user or hobbiest cases. Stack Overflow is huge,
so on the one hand a lot of things will fly under the radar, but on the
other, if it's not a programming question, sometimes people will come
down *hard*.

Once we get to an overwhelming popularity, we could see about creating
an Atomic-specific site. But that's a high bar.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm fedoraproject org>