Re: [atomic] Cloud init fails to install packages on Atomic Host

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 03:12:11PM -0600, Ben Breard wrote:
> There's a lot to like about ignition. We could adopted it, but we couldn't
> dump cloud-init for the sheer number of users and providers that rely on
> it.

I don't think we can (currently at least) drop the whole cloud-init for
the Fedora Cloud Base, but for Atomic, we need to document what does
and doesn't work *anyway*, so why not use a variant that only
implements those things? This would be a) easier to test, b) less
bloaty, c) less risky as new upstream versions pull in new stuff for
functionality we don't necessarily need.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm fedoraproject org>