Re: [atomic-devel] Site Content Refresh

On 11/07/2014 09:08 AM, Matt Micene wrote:
> The quarterly review sounds like a good idea, I've been waiting on
> Kubernetes and other things to make any suggestions about doc structure
> changes.
>
> The Getting Started guide definitely needs some work, I'd been looking at
> rebuilding it along the lines of Scott's lab.  The question that still
> rattles around in my mind is where's the official image of Project Atomic?
> I know, I've asked, it's answered, but it's not sticking.  Will we still be
> spinning images that land here
> http://rpm-ostree.cloud.fedoraproject.org/project-atomic/images/ at a
> regular pace?  We should definitely reference Jason's BYO approach in
> Getting Started, as well.  Some folks may want the full compose experience.

We don't have an "official image of Project Atomic" per se -- we will
have official images from Fedora, CentOS, and RHEL.

We will be taking the BYO stuff Jason has been working on and
"promoting" it to top-level documentation. The tree-generation stuff is
pretty solid right now - image creation a little trickier.

The official CentOS image is here: http://buildlogs.centos.org/rolling/7/

We should make content / getting started an item for next week's Atomic
SIG meeting or something. I've been working on this with Jason Brooks
and we have a set of Trello cards we've been working off of, but it
might help to have something a little easier to access.

--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst
jzb redhat com | http://community.redhat.com/