Re: [atomic-devel] Site Content Refresh

The quarterly review sounds like a good idea, I've been waiting on Kubernetes and other things to make any suggestions about doc structure changes.

The Getting Started guide definitely needs some work, I'd been looking at rebuilding it along the lines of Scott's lab.  The question that still rattles around in my mind is where's the official image of Project Atomic?  I know, I've asked, it's answered, but it's not sticking.  Will we still be spinning images that land here http://rpm-ostree.cloud.fedoraproject.org/project-atomic/images/ at a regular pace?  We should definitely reference Jason's BYO approach in Getting Started, as well.  Some folks may want the full compose experience.

The outline I put together so far is:

Getting started
* Download image / build F21 host
** Storage setup
** Updating an ostree

* Set up local Docker repository
** Use container for repo

* Build a new Docker image
** Register to local repo
** Expose a service via network

* Configure Kubernetes
** Kubernetes walkthrough from Google? (other 'fleetable' apps? libvirt example?)
** Networking and intercontainer networking changes

???

Profit!

That would put the Quick Start as the "download 1 of 2 images, launch VM, Profit!" model.  There we can link to a slower paced image, say Fedora Cloud Atomic .

Thoughts?

-Matt