Re: [atomic-devel] Process for requesting enhancement?

I have come to the conclusion that Client Hyper-V is more trouble than
it's worth, at least for my use case, which is running Linux guests on
a Windows laptop. Issues:

1. You can't have both Client Hyper-V and VirtualBox (used by
Boot2Docker and Vagrant) active on the machine at the same time. And
it takes *two* restarts to turn Client Hyper-V on or off!
2. Hyper-V Generation 2 VMs don't work for the Atomic image or for a
VHDX file with Fedora on it. They do work for a Fedora Workstation ISO
image *if* you turn off secure boot.
3. The Hyper-V "native" format VHDX images made with qemu-img are
full-sized; they compress with 'zip' but take a long time to
uncompress.
4. (And this is really the show-stopper): Hyper-V can't easily bridge
to the WiFi adapter on a laptop like VirtualBox and VMware Workstation
/ Player can. You need a separate network connection or a sharable
*wired* connection if you want the host and VM to both have Internet
access.

So I have gone back to VirtualBox on my laptop via Boot2Docker. My
next Windows project will be to host a Project Atomic VM side-by-side
with the one from Boot2Docker in VirtualBox and do some resource usage
comparisons.

--
OSJourno: Robust Power Tools for Digital Journalists
http://www.znmeb.mobi/stories/osjourno-robust-power-tools-for-digital-journalists

Remember, if you're traveling to Bactria, Hump Day is Tuesday and Thursday.