Re: [atomic-devel] Add Nvidia GPU to Centos Atomic Node

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 2:18 PM, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 8, 2017, at 01:58 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
>> oreos-nvidia approach
>> is basically "dkms in a container"
>
> Nope, I looked at this more and I'm wrong - it's building
> a container matching each CoreOS release in Travis and
> pushing that.  So if that build somehow fails as the host updates,
> the systemd unit will fail on boot.
>
> This approach would be *quite* tricky for Fedora, it
> really gets back to
> https://lwn.net/Articles/734789/

What about literally providing dkms in a container? It wouldn't
directly take care of the original request but it would give an avenue
for folks to use the dkms toolchain if they'd like to in AH without
package layering.

--
Thanks,
Steve Milner